Friday, November 6, 2009

What's buggin' Laura?

Some things really, REALLY irritated Laura to no end. Here are just a few examples:

  • Playing "chopsticks" on the piano and ending with a discordant note. This was particularly effective when the end note followed a lengthy pause while the suspense mounted. Laura could not STAND to hear this and would attack me if she thought I was going to miss the last note.

  • Pronouncing the word coupon as "cyu-pon" rather than "coo-pon." I have no idea when this became such an issue for Laura. I just remember watching my Ps and Cyus around her.

  • And I'm sure you remember saying something like, "Thank you, Laura, for picking up that cup with your right hand." Why this infuriated Laura I don't know, but infuriate her it did.


Feel free to add to this list. I know you have more examples!






2 comments:

  1. She was very specific about how to pronounce Best Buy and Goodwill

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way Emily! I was just going to say that she was very particular about how to say "Best Buy"-apparently I enunciated the wrong syllable?

    ReplyDelete