Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Phone Call



Yesterday Prairie wanted to call Ben on the phone, but I told her that Ben had clients so he wouldn't answer so we could leave a message, but she didn't want to leave a message. Then I suggested calling someone else, and she didn't want to call that person. Then she said she wanted to call Autumn at school, but I said we couldn't do that. So then I suggested calling someone else. Then we had this conversation:

Prairie: I want to call Laura
Emily: Laura Harper? (a lady that babysits her for an hour every week so I can go running)
Prairie: No, Laura who died.
Emily: We can't call her, there are no phones in heaven. What would you want to say though?

(Prairie tried to hand at humor now, not understanding what is appropriately funny in this situation or not)

Prairie: I would say you're welcome you are dead.
Emily: Why would you say that?
Prairie: No I would say, Laura you are dead. I miss you.

Then Prairie was done talking about it. Then in the van today after dropping Autumn off at school she brought it up again.

Prairie: I wish I could call Laura, but there are no phones.
Emily: That's right, there are no phones in heaven.
Prairie: I wish there were cloud phones. That had cloud buttons and they were made out of clouds. And I could call Laura, and everyone, even Jesus!
Emily: Yep, that would be pretty neat.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the idea, Prairie. I want one of those phones, too! Every time I pick up my cell phone I still check to see if there is a text message from Laura. I think it will take me some time to break that habit. And I wish I had not erased all Laura's old messages.

    ReplyDelete