Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wonderful Stories

In December we traveled to Utah for Christmas vacation. While there we held a memorial service for Laura so that family members and Laura's friends who were unable to come to Iowa would have a chance to gather together to remember her. The tone of this meeting was not somber as in Iowa, but was more "food and fun" with wonderful stories about Laura shared.

Through word of mouth, several of Laura's friends and former roommates were in attendance. Some I had met previously, while others I did not know. And although I had not contacted them about this service, several of my high school friends surprised me when they came. How wonderful it was to see them again (some I had not seen for many, many years) and to experience their love and support.

As I understand it, the stories were recorded by the Higginsons (my daughter Lisa's in-laws). I certainly hope that is true because I really enjoyed the stories that were shared and could not do them justice by trying to summarize them here. I will assume a recording exists and that I can get a copy at some point in time.

I also hope that the stories about Laura are eventually included on this blog. Obviously there were experiences Laura had with others that she did not share with me!

My thanks to all those who helped organize this meeting and to those who attended and participated. I thank God that I have good memories of Laura to sustain me as I try to cope with her loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment