Sunday, January 3, 2010

Laura's influence

Something I have enjoyed greatly is hearing from people who have related to me how Laura influenced their lives in some way. Recently a father told me of an incident where one of his children, who is afflicted with a variety of serious physical and mental health issues, came very close to suicide but ultimately decided against this course of action. The reason? This child had heard the father and mother discussing Laura's death and realized the impact a decision to die would have on the parents. As I spoke to the father, he told me that our experience with Laura had likely saved his child's life.

I am grateful that Laura's influence extends beyond the bounds of our immediate family. Who knows how many others have been touched by Laura in some way?

While there will always be a hole in my life and heart, I am glad that others have been blessed by Laura's life ... and death.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, laura and i went to high school together. I am wondering if i can do an essay on laura's influence blog? I would be entering it into a contest.

    http://www.pearsonhighered.com/essayrewards/readingrewards.html

    Best regards
    Joanna Jarnagin

    ReplyDelete