Saturday, May 21, 2011

Giggling Girls

Last weekend we had Audi, Zephyr and Hanna stay with us while Ben and Em were out of town. Watching Hanna and Audi play together and stay up late giggling reminded me of when Laura and I were younger and we would sneak into each other rooms/beds and stay up late paughing about whatever silly thing little girls laugh about. Dad would get frustrated because we weren't as quiet or sneaky as we liked to think we were and we'd keep him up when he had to go to work in the morning. He'd stomp down the hallway and open the door and say, "If you girls can't be quiet and go to sleep I'm going to make you sleep in different rooms!"

Of course we didn't want to get in trouble so when we heard Dad moving around one of us would say, "Quick! Pretend you're asleep!" And hurriedly "fall asleep," adding in a soft snore to ensure fooling Dad.

Or, because I was never any good at stifling a laugh, Laura would whisper, "Laugh into the pillow!" and shove a pillow over my face. Later I always swore Laura was just trying to get rid of me with the pillow bit, but at the time it only made me laugh harder. :)

I also thought about how Laura and I would drag our mattresses into the living room and stay up late (well, she would stay up late, and get mad because I always fell asleep halfway through the first movie) watching movies.

I miss those nights, but I'm so greatful for all of those great memories! I Love you, Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment