Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One year later

Laura, you left a hole in my heart that does not heal. I am surrounded with reminders of you, many pleasant and a few painful. As we sort through our flooded belongings I continue to find some of your things that I had forgotten or sometimes didn't know about. Each triggers a memory and, occasionally, a smile.

As recently as this week I had correspondence with some of your friends and former roommates, who I believe love and miss you nearly as much as I do. How I wish you could have realized the many ways in which you touched and influenced the lives of others.

Your Utah siblings met tonight for a dinner in your honor. They called us from the restaurant so we could be connected for a few minutes. Some people sent flowers to Mom and me today, others called, and some close friends visited ... all thinking of us and remembering you.

Mom and I bought chocolate to celebrate your biggest vice. I got the real stuff, the dark chocolate you liked so much. I ate some and placed the remainder next to your urn. If it turns up missing I'll know you figured out a way to make it disappear.

Love,
Poopa

No comments:

Post a Comment